The orthopedic candidate pool is small. There simply aren’t enough providers to go around, which makes signing top talent tricky. As a team of orthopedic recruiters, we often advise our clients not to rely solely on interviewing. You must actively recruit talented orthopedic providers utilizing a professional yet personal approach that makes them feel valued and sought after from the start.
And it all starts with a well-thought-out plan. Here are a few key starting points for you to consider…
- Have you designated a single main point of contact for candidates to contact with questions?
- Do you inform the candidate who will participate in their first phone call or zoom meeting with your practice ahead of time?
- Do you send information about your community before your initial call to give the candidate a sense of living and working in the area?
- During the initial phone interview, do you ask open-ended questions to allow the candidate to explain who they are and what type of employee they would be in their own words?
- Do you use language that shows appreciation for the candidate’s time and interest in your practice?
- Before ending the initial phone interview, do you clearly state when and who will contact them next?
- Do you schedule face-to-face interviews within 48 hours of your initial phone interview?
Keeping the ball rolling is crucial if you’re genuinely interested in a candidate. If you wait too long, candidates might lose interest or take off with another offer. It’s also important to allow enough time for the candidate to make arrangements to take off work and/or travel for in-person interviews.
As you can see, there is much to consider when putting together a recruitment plan. Think through the experience from a candidate’s point of view and step-by-step formulate a complete process that shows you appreciate their time.
A Recruitment Partner You Can Count On
myOrthoRecruiter is not just a hiring entity. We are consultants dedicated to your specialty. Our expertise is helping practices just like yours attract and retain top talent in a shrinking pool of orthopedic providers.
We are a contingency recruitment firm, meaning you can partner with us today and won’t pay a penny for our services until we place a candidate with you. Contact us today to get started!